Track Train Running Status
Use this train running enquiry tool to get the current train running status with the live location on google maps.
Enter the Train Number & Select Train Starting Date below and Click Check Running Status.
IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) has introduced several value services for the easy access of people to the Indian Railways. One such attempt to ease the use of the Indian Railways to the general public is the launch of the feasibility to track the train running information. Checking the train running status online will give you good idea of when the train will reach the desired station, where it presently is and avoid all the tension. This facility is useful when you have to reach the station to pick a friend or a family member. Instead of reaching the station beforehand, it is always useful to keep track of the train timings and what time it would reach a particular station. You can save a lot of time with this facility. You can also manage your other tasks efficiently while you do not waste time in the station by reaching too early. Read the steps below to understand how the track the status of a particular train.
It’s very easy to get live running status of any train using www.trainrunningstatus.org , just follow the steps below:
- Enter the Train Number and Select the train starting date. For eg. If you want to track the location of train no. 12345 which started on yesterday then enter 12345 and select yesterday.
- Click on Check Running Status and new page will load which will show you the detailed information about the train and it’s current running status with approximate location in Google Maps.
- Step 1: Open the website http://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in . The link opens to a page where you need to type a captcha. Type the given image and you will be directed to the main website.
- Step 2: The website gives you five options depending on the information you readily have so that you can track the train without needing to look for more details.
- Step 3: The ‘Live Station’ facility helps you check what all trains are running from a particular station to a particular place and when they shall arrive or depart. Just enter the name of the station and the destination the train you are looking for is travelling to. The current running status of the train is available here.
- Step 4: ‘Train between stations’ gives you information about the specific trains that run between two given station. Type in the origin and destination station names and you will get the time of arrival/ departure of the trains as well as information on any kind of delays.
- Step 5: ‘Train Schedule’ helps you track the schedule of any given train with just entering the name of the train or train number. You will get a detailed list of the stations that the train passes through and the arrival and departure of the train at each station.
- Step 6: In special cases like cancellation of trains you can click on the ‘Trains Cancelled’ tab to get the list of trains that are fully cancelled (train will not run from origin to destination) and partially cancelled trains( train will not go to a few stations)
- Step 7: The rescheduled trains can be found in the ‘Rescheduled’ section. Here you will find all the trains that have been rescheduled with the time that they have been rescheduled to. The list is already updated. You can click on the train number for more detailed information on which stations the train will reach at what time due to the reschedulement.
- Step 8: In a few cases where due to line problems, the trains are diverted, you can track them in the ‘Diverted’ section. There is a ready list given with all the trains diverted and via which stations they are being diverted.
- Station Marked with red denotes that train is departed from these stations.
- Station with green denotes that train is currently at halt.
- Green Mark with Flag denotes that train is currently running to the next station.
- Station with yellow denotes the next station of train.